Friday, June 16, 2006

I can run! (Well, a little)

Marcus and I headed over to Seward Park Wednesday evening and laughed as we hobbled around pretending to run. Both of us were hurting from our morning leg workout at Headquarters. Once I got warmed up I surprised myself and was actually able to run a full mile! I definitely was slow and not in old form, but it felt great and my knee didn't bother me a bit -- sweet! Maybe this finally marks my return to running!

I woke up Thursday to beautiful weather so decided to ride to work. It only took a block for my legs to give me grief, probably from the prior day's workout and run. The headwind down Rainier didn't help and I struggled badly most of the way to work. Thank goodness the ride home went much better and my legs felt totally recovered. Of course, then I decided to meet some friends at the Ballard Pool in the evening. I haven't swam since December so I thought it would be nice to hop back in the pool.

My legs were NOT working the first few laps and I nearly thought I would drown. I contemplated getting the little leg floatie things to help me out but finally worked it out and was able to swim somewhat smoothly towards the end of the evening. It's been a while and my first few laps were hideous!

Unfortunately I won't be racing at Seward this weekend. I realized it's a combined Women's 2-4 field and after seeing the race at Ballard I know I'm not ready for that yet. Anyway, Marcus and I are heading to Spokane this weekend for his friend's wedding so it'll be nice to get away for a bit, even if it is Spokane.

No comments: