Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I love Headquarters

This morning I had a great leg workout at Headquarters -- I love this place! This is week 3 and already I'm seeing changes. I'm actually seeing some more definition in my arms and my legs feel stronger. I've settled into the M/W/F morning routine and it's going well. This week the workouts got harder, not because my weights increased, but because my rest time decreased. I used to get a small amount of rest between sets but now I'm pretty much jumping from one workout to another. By the time I hit the end of the set my muscles are toast! Some exercises that are easier this week got marked for a weight increase next week, so we'll see how that goes.

Right now there's a lull in racing for me as PR is on a bye the next two weeks. I could probably race Seward on Thursdays but I'm a little skiddish there in the rain and I'm not sure the weather will cooperate. I might take this as a nice time to hit the gym, do some good training rides, and rest up for some July racing. This Sunday there's a race at Seward that hopefully I'll do if the weather holds.

No comments: