Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Elation!

Did I mention that I cruised around Mercer Island last night at 20mph? Woo! I guess the real test will be seeing how I perform at my next race, which should be when the Women's series runs again at PR on the 6th. Then there's the Starbucks road race on the 9th. It seems so far away! There's been a lull in racing lately and I'm anxious to get back out there and see how much my training is helping. There's a handful of road races in July, so I'll get my wish soon.

Joe has been away from Headquarters for morning workouts the past two weeks and I've been working with the assistant trainer. He was back today and boy did I get my butt handed to me. Joe upped my weights and my reps and nearly killed my legs this morning. The workout felt great though! I'm a sucker for punishment...

It's gorgeous out but I think I need a rest night tonight. Maybe I'll try a short run, but I'd like to race Seward tomorrow and my legs are feeling pretty hammered from yesterday's ride and this morning's workout. I know when I get home Marcus will try to convince me otherwise. I must stay strong and say no!

It's about time to get back to work on the house. My mom is visiting in August and I'm realizing we still need to finish the bathroom, the media room flooring, and a bunch of other things. Maybe this weekend we can make some progress. Pictures to follow soon!

No comments: