Saturday, December 02, 2006

Brrrrr

I hooked up on the Zoka ride today and man was it cold out there! I honestly didn't think it would be that bad since it looked so nice out. I joined the ride just south of Leschi and by the time I got to Seward Park my fingers were numb. I'm happy I grabbed the good 'ol hand and foot warmers. Those things rock! I bought a ton at Lowe's so I'm stocked up for the winter.

We have a lot of new people not in uniform and there were so many bikers out there this morning it was difficult to tell who was riding with our team and who wasn't. When the pack went by I could barely tell it was Zoka. The Giant felt absolutely amazing since the overhaul. It's still a very heavy bike to get up hills, but the drivetrain is working so smoothly that it's actually halfway enjoyable to ride. I really need to get off my ass and hit the gym and start riding though. I'm surprised how quickly I lost my fitness and it'll be race reason before you know it. Ok, off to drywall mud...yippee!!! Oh yeah, and those pictures are still coming...

No comments: