Thursday, December 07, 2006

If it sounds like a Duck and walks like a Duck...

...be prepared to spent lots of $$$ on it.

Yup, Ducati called me this morning and my bike has crappy compression. The good possibility: a tight intake valve. The bad: a bad valve or ring. They used up my 1.5 hours of shop time and $200 just rebuilding the rear master cylinder, which was in poor shape. *sigh* Today it's getting torn apart so they can diagnose the problem further and call me with the anticipated $1000 repair bill. At least the bike quit starting so they can diagnose that as well. I think the starter button housing was damaged in the crash so a bad connection is likely the culprit.

They say the bike is in good shape, but the previous owner likely never serviced it and it's jonesing for some TLC. New belts, plugs, and a much-needed tune-up should hopefully make it all fat and happy. RMC just called me a few weeks ago to ask how I'm liking the bike. Maybe I should call them back and tell them...

No comments: